Dundas (dŭnˈdəs) [key], town (1991 pop. 21,868), S Ont., Canada. It is a suburb of Hamilton and is at the head of the Desjardins Canal, which formerly gave it water connection with Hamilton and other ports. The canal is no longer in use.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dundas from Fact Monster:
- Melville, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount - Melville, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount, 1742–1811, British ...
- Grangemouth - Grangemouth Grangemouth , town (1981 pop. 21,744), Falkirk, central Scotland, on the Forth River at ...
- Tiwi Islands - Tiwi Islands Tiwi Islands, island group, Northern Territory, Australia, c.50 mi (80 km) N of ...
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Political Geography.
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish History: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish History: Biographies.