Eure (ör) [key], department (1990 pop. 519,800), N France, in Normandy. Évreux is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Eure from Fact Monster:
- Eure-et-Loir - Eure-et-Loir Eure-et-Loir , department (1990 pop. 399,700), N France. Chartres is the capital.
- Perche - Perche Perche , region and former county, NW France, in portions of Orne, Eure-et-Loir, and Eure ...
- Bec - Bec Bec , former Benedictine abbey, near the village of Bec-Hellouin, Eure dept., N France, in ...
- Beauce - Beauce Beauce , region, in Orléanais, N France, in the Paris Basin, between the Seine and ...
- Les Andelys - Andelys, Les Andelys, Les , town (1993 est. pop. 8,580), in Eure dept., N France, Normandy, on the ...