Glamis (glämz) [key], village, Angus, E Scotland. King Malcolm II died (1034) nearby, and a sculptured cross in the village is known as King Malcolm's Gravestone. Macbeth was thane of Glamis, and the castle, seat of the earl of Strathmore, is erroneously claimed to be the scene of Duncan's murder in Shakespeare's play.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Glamis from Fact Monster:
- Margaret - Margaret Margaret, 1930–2002, British princess, second daughter of King George VI and sister ...
- Princess Margaret - Biography of Princess Margaret, Sister to Queen Elizabeth II
- Elizabeth, the Queen Mother - Biography of Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, Mother of Queen Elizabeth II
- Shakespeare Quotes: Tragedies - Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish Political Geography.