Huy (üēˈ) [key], Du. Hoie, commune (1991 pop. 18,197), Liège prov., E Belgium, on the Meuse River; founded in the 9th cent. Huy produces paper, pottery, pewter, and machinery; grains are grown in nearby fields. Below the citadel (19th cent.; now a military depot and a prison), which dominates the town, is a Gothic abbatial church (14th–15th cent.).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Huy from Fact Monster:
- Liège, province, Belgium - Liège Liège , Du. Luik, Ger. Lüttich, province (1991 pop. 999,646), 1,526 sq mi ...
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Starring Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, Ke Huy Quan, Amrish Puri, Roshan Seth
- Hoie - Hoie: Hoie: see Huy, Belgium.
- Current Government Officials: Vietnam - World > Heads of State Info Vietnam Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments ...
- Flemish art and architecture: The Medieval Period - The Medieval Period During the Middle Ages, Flemish art followed the contemporary early Christian, ...