Hwange (wänˈgē) [key], formerly Wankie wŏngˈkē, city (1992 est. pop. 42,600), W Zimbabwe. It is a coal-mining center. The city was founded in 1903 and named for a local chief. A nearby national park attracts many tourists.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hwange from Fact Monster:
- David Henry Hwang - David Henry Hwang playwright Born: 8/11/1957 Birthplace: Los Angeles, California The eldest of ...
- Hwang-hai - Hwang-hai: Hwang-hai: see Yellow Sea, China.
- Hwang Ho - Hwang Ho Hwang Ho, river, China: see Huang He.
- Asian American Writers - Asian American poets, playwrights, critics, and novelists
- Yellow Sea - Yellow Sea Yellow Sea or Huanghai[yellow sea], arm of the Pacific Ocean, between China and Korea. ...