Iri (ēˈrēˈ) [key], former city, North Jeolla (Cholla) prov., SW South Korea. An agricultural center and transportation hub, it was absorbed into Iksan.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Iri from Fact Monster:
- Yeşil Irmak - Yeşil Irmak Yeşil Irmak , anc. Iris, river, c.260 mi (418 km) long, rising NE of Sivas, ...
- Iris Murdoch - Iris Murdoch writer Born: 7/15/1919 Birthplace: Dublin important British writer whose 27 novels ...
- Dame Iris Murdoch - Murdoch, Dame Iris Murdoch, Dame Iris (Dame Jean Iris Murdoch), 1919–99, British novelist and ...
- iris, in anatomy - iris: iris: see eye.
- Iris, river, Turkey - Iris Iris, river: see Yeşil Irmak.