Kislovodsk (kēsləvôtskˈ) [key] [Rus., = sour water], city (1989 pop. 114,000), S European Russia, in the N Caucasus Mts. It is a famous health resort with mineral springs, sanatoriums, and a physico-therapeutical institute. Kislovodsk was founded in 1803.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kislovodsk from Fact Monster:
- Stavropol Territory - Stavropol Territory Stavropol Territory, administrative division (1995 pop. 2,650,000), 31,120 sq ...
- Caucasus: People and Economy - People and Economy More than 40 languages are spoken by the ethnic groups of the entire region. The ...
- December 11 Birthdays: Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn - December 11 birthdays: Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn, Carlo Ponti, Naguib Mahfouz, Sir David Brewster, John F. Kerry, Annie Jump Cannon, Fiorello Henry LaGuardia, Mos Def, Willie Mae Thornton, Louis-Hector Berlioz, Robert Koch
- Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn - Solzhenitsyn, Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn, Aleksandr Isayevich , 1918–2008, Russian ...
- Encyclopedia: CIS and Baltic Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning CIS and Baltic Political Geography.