Lashkar (ləshˈkər) [key], city, Madhya Pradesh state, central India. Formerly the capital of Madhya Bharat state, it adjoins Gwalior town and is a modern commercial center and transportation hub. Victoria College, the palace of the maharaja of Gwalior, and a state museum are of interest.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lashkar from Fact Monster:
- Year in Review, 2008 - A look back at the series of terrorist attacks experienced in India during 2008.|2008 news of the world from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe
- December 2008 Current Events - December 2008 Current Events Here are the key news events of the month organized into three ...
- India - Information on India — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Pakistan - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Pakistan and find statistical and demographic information|Information on Pakistan — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Encyclopedia: Indian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Indian Political Geography.