Mattagami (mətăgˈəmē) [key], river, 275 mi (443 km) long, rising in the lake district, E Ont., Canada, SW of Timmins, flowing N to join the Missinaibi River, with which it forms the Moose River.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mattagami from Fact Monster:
- Moose, river, Canada - Moose Moose, river, c.50 mi (80 km) long, formed in central Ont., Canada, by the Mattagami and ...
- Missinaibi - Missinaibi Missinaibi , river, c.265 mi (430 km) long, rising in Missinaibi Lake, central Ont., ...
- Nottaway - Nottaway Nottaway , river, c.140 mi (230 km) long, issuing from Mattagami Lake, W Que., Canada, and ...
- Timmins - Timmins Timmins, town (1991 pop. 47,461), central Ont., Canada, on the Mattagami River. Timmins is ...
- Encyclopedia: Canadian Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Canadian Physical Geography.