Mbabane (əmbäbäˈnā) [key], town (1996 est. pop. 58,100), capital of Swaziland, NW Swaziland, in the Mdimba Mts. It is primarily an administrative center but serves as a commercial hub for the surrounding agricultural region. Tin and iron are mined nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mbabane from Fact Monster:
- Swaziland - Information on Swaziland — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Swaziland - Swaziland Swaziland , officially Kingdom of Swaziland, kingdom (2005 est. pop. 1,174,000), 6,705 sq ...
- Encyclopedia: Swaziland Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Swaziland Political Geography.
- SOUTHERN AFRICA - This part of Africa has a narrow coastal plain running up to a ridge of hills surrounding a huge central plateau of high land. The eastern coast is su
- Area and Population of Countries - Area and Population of Countries (mid-2006 estimates) Country Capital Area (in sq mi) Population ...