Mbandaka (əmbändäˈkä) [key], formerly Coquilhatville kôkēyävēlˈ, city (1984 pop. 137,291), capital of Équateur province, W Congo (Kinshasa), a port on the Congo River. It is a commercial and transportation center and has tanning and fishing industries.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mbandaka from Fact Monster:
- Coquilhatville - Coquilhatville Coquilhatville, Congo (Kinshasa): see Mbandaka.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Land and People - Land and People Congo lies astride the equator, and virtually all of the country is part of the ...
- Encyclopedia: Democratic Republic of the Congo Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Democratic Republic of the Congo Political Geography.
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the - Information on Congo, Democratic Republic of the — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- How to Use The Columbia Encyclopedia - How to Use The Columbia Encyclopedia The Columbia Encyclopedia is easy to use. All articles are ...