Navan (năvˈən) [key] or An Uaimh än ōˈəv, town (1991 pop. 11,606), seat of Co. Meath, E Republic of Ireland, at the confluence of the Boyne and Blackwater rivers. It produces woolens and has sawmills. Clothing, furniture, and carpets are also made. There are remains of the old town walls. Nearby are some medieval ruins and the imposing Navan Mote.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Navan from Fact Monster:
- An Uaimh - An Uaimh An Uaimh, Republic of Ireland: see Navan.
- Armagh, city, Northern Ireland - Armagh Armagh, city (1991 pop. 12,700), S Northern Ireland. Textiles, chemicals, and processed ...
- Pierce Brosnan - Pierce Brosnan actor Born: 5/16/1953 Birthplace: Navan, Meath, Ireland Irish-born actor whose ...
- Meath - Meath Meath , county (1991 pop. 105,370), 903 sq mi (2,339 sq km), E Republic of Ireland. The ...
- Pierce Brosnan - Biography of Pierce Brosnan, The actor who played James Bond in the 1990s