New Hebrides (hĕbˈrĭdēz) [key], Fr. Nouvelles Hébrides : see Vanuatu.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on New Hebrides from Fact Monster:
- Vanuatu - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Vanuatu and find statistical and demographic information.|Information on Vanuatu — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Santo - Santo Santo, New Hebrides: see Espíritu Santo.
- Pedro Fernandes de Queiros - Queiros, Pedro Fernandes de Queiros, Pedro Fernandes de , c.1560–1614, Portuguese navigator. ...
- John Williams, English missionary - Williams, John Williams, John, 1796–1839, English missionary, called the Apostle of ...
- Vanuatu - Vanuatu Vanuatu , formerly New Hebrides, officially Republic of Vanuatu, independent republic (2005 ...