Orly (ôrlēˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 21,824), Val-de-Marne dept., N central France, a suburb SE of Paris. It is the site of Orly airport, which with Charles de Gaulle is one of the two chief airports of Paris. There is an industrial and warehouse zone north of the airport.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Orly from Fact Monster:
- Eugenio d' Ors - Ors, Eugenio d' Ors, Eugenio d' , 1882–1954, Spanish writer. His works include ...
- Eugenio D'Ors - D'Ors, Eugenio: D'Ors, Eugenio: see Ors, Eugenio d'.
- Eugène Freyssinet - Freyssinet, Eugène Freyssinet, Eugène , 1879–1962, French engineer. Freyssinet ...
- Paris, city, France: Transportation Facilities - Transportation Facilities Situated in the center of the Paris basin (see Île-de-France), and ...
- Encyclopedia: French Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning French Political Geography.