Pingxiang or Pingsiang (both: pĭng-shyäng) [key], city (1994 est. pop. 451,700), W Jiangxi prov., China. It is a major coal-mining center, producing quality coking coal for the Huangshi iron and steel mills and coal fuel for the railroads of S China. The name sometimes appears as P'ing-hsiang.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pingxiang from Fact Monster:
- Huangshi - Huangshi Huangshi or Hwangshih, city (1994 est. pop. 538,400), E Hubei prov., China, on the Chang ...
- Pingsiang - Pingsiang: Pingsiang: see Pingxiang, China.
- P'ing-hsiang - P'ing-hsiang: P'ing-hsiang: see Pingxiang, China.
- Jiangxi - Jiangxi Jiangxi or Kiangsi, province (1994 est. pop. 38,930,000), c.66,000 sq mi (170,940 sq km), ...
- Encyclopedia: Chinese and Mongolian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Chinese and Mongolian Political Geography.