Pool Malebo, lakelike expansion of the Congo River, c.320 sq mi (830 sq km), along the Congo (Kinshasa)–Congo (Brazzaville) border, W central Africa, c.350 mi (560 km) from the Congo's mouth. It is 22 mi (35 km) long and 14 mi (23 km) wide. Bamu Island (c.70 sq mi/180 sq km) is at its western end. Kinshasa and Brazzaville are important ports on its shores.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pool Malebo from Fact Monster:
- Kinshasa - Kinshasa Kinshasa , city (1984 pop. 2,664,309), capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, W ...
- Brazzaville - Brazzaville Brazzaville , city (1984 pop. 585,812), capital of the Republic of the Congo, on Pool ...
- Malebo Pool - Malebo Pool Malebo Pool, Congo: see Pool Malebo.
- Congo, river, Africa: Course - Course The second longest river of Africa and one of the longest in the world, the Congo River ...
- Stanley Pool - Stanley Pool Stanley Pool, Congo: see Pool Malebo.