Port-Gentil (pôr-zhäNtēlˈ) [key], city (1993 est. pop. 80,041), W Gabon, a seaport on Cape Lopez Bay (an arm of the Atlantic Ocean). Timber and locally manufactured plywood are exported. Petroleum is produced and refined nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Port-Gentil from Fact Monster:
- Ogooué - Ogooué Ogooué or Ogowe, river, c.560 mi (900 km) long, rising on the ...
- Gabon - Gabon Gabon , officially Gabonese Republic, republic (2005 est. pop. 1,389,000), 103,346 sq mi ...
- Encyclopedia: Gabonese Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Gabonese Political Geography.
- Gabon - Information on Gabon — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Gabon: History - History Early History to Independence The region that is now Gabon was inhabited in Paleolithic ...