Posadas (pōsäˈħäs) [key], city (1991 pop. 211,297), capital of Misiones prov., NE Argentina, a port on the upper Paraná River. Its industries include woodworking and metallurgy. It is a point of departure for visits to Iguaçu Falls and to the nearby ruins of 17th-century Jesuit missions. The city was settled in 1849.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Posadas from Fact Monster:
- José Guadalupe Posada - Posada, José Guadalupe Posada, José Guadalupe , 1852–1913, Mexican artist. Of ...
- Diego Rivera - Rivera, Diego Rivera, Diego , 1886–1957, Mexican mural painter, studied as a youth with ...
- Mexican art and architecture: Independence, Empire, and Revolution - Independence, Empire, and Revolution Toward the end of the 19th cent. the political broadside ...
- American League Statistics, 2007 - 2007 American League baseball statistics from team pitching to individual batting.|American League statistics from pitching to hitting
- Biographies of Selected Artists - Painters, Sculptors, Photographers, Illustrators - Infoplease.com - biographies of notable artists