Saint Stephen, town (1991 pop. 4,931), SW N.B., Canada, on the St. Croix River opposite Calais, Maine. The two towns, connected by an international bridge, form virtually a single community. St. Stephen was founded by Loyalists after the American Revolution.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Saint Stephen from Fact Monster:
- Saint Stephen, Christian martyr - Stephen, Saint Stephen, Saint, d. A.D. 36?, first Christian martyr, stoned at Jerusalem. He was one ...
- Saint Stephen, duke and king of Hungary - Stephen, Saint Stephen, Saint, or Stephen I,975–1038, duke (997–1001) and first king ...
- Saint Stephens - Saint Stephens: Saint Stephens: see Gaines, George S.
- George Strother Gaines - Gaines, George Strother Gaines, George Strother, c.1784–1873, Alabama pioneer, b. Stokes co., ...
- Encyclopedia: Saints - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Saints.