Santorini, Greece: see Thíra.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Santorini from Fact Monster:
- Atlantis—Myth or History? - Plato's history—is it myth or reality?
- Thíra - Thíra Thíra or Thera, volcanic island (1991 pop. 9,360), c.30 sq mi (80 sq km), SE ...
- Tsunami Factfile - The Indian Ocean tsunami that occured in December 2004 was the deadliest in history
- MEDITERRANEAN SEAFARERS - From around 2000 BC, people living close to the Mediterranean Sea, such as the MINOANS, Mycenaeans, and PHOENICIANS, built strong wooden ships powered
- Encyclopedia: Greek Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Greek Political Geography.