Scamander (skəmănˈdər) [key], ancient name of the Küçük Menderes River, c.60 mi (95 km) long, NW Turkey. It flows W and NW from the Kaz Daği through the Troas into the Mediterranean Sea. It is frequently mentioned in the Iliad.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Scamander from Fact Monster:
- Menderes - Menderes Menderes , name of several rivers in Turkey. The Büyük Menderes is the ancient ...
- Simoïs - Simoïs Simoïs , small river, NW Turkey, a tributary of the Scamander. It was the scene of ...
- Best-Selling Children's Books, 2002 - Best-Selling Children's Books, 2002 Source: Publishers Weekly. Hardcover The Prayer of Jabez ...
- Küçük Menderes - Küçük Menderes Küçük Menderes, river, Turkey: see Scamander.
- Encyclopedia: Turkey Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Turkey Physical Geography.