Serbia and Montenegro
Serbia and Montenegro (sûrˈbēə, mŏnˌtənēˈgrō) [key], Serbian Srbija i Crna Gora, former country of SE Europe, in the Balkan Peninsula, a short-lived union (2003–6) of the republics of Serbia and the much smaller Montenegro that was also a successor state to the former Yugoslavia. Belgrade was the federal capital and largest city. See Yugoslavia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Serbia and Montenegro from Fact Monster:
- Yugoslavia - Yugoslavia See Serbia and Montenegro. Major sources and definitions Fact Monster/Information ...
- Serbia and Montenegro - Map of Serbia and Montenegro & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Kosovo Factsheet - Kosovo Factsheet Kosovo is now a country! Read all about the Republic of Kosovo. by Elissa Haney ...
- Timeline: NATO in Yugoslavia - NATO in Kosovo: 1998–1999 by Elissa Haney Kosovo Factsheet October 1998 January 1999 February ...
- Montenegro - Information on Montenegro — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.