Seto (sāˈtō) [key], city (1990 pop. 126,340), Aichi prefecture, central Honshu, Japan. It has been an important porcelain center since the 13th cent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Seto from Fact Monster:
- Inland Sea - Inland Sea Inland Sea, Jap. Seto-naikai, arm of the Pacific Ocean, c.3,670 sq mi (9,510 sq km), S ...
- Seto-naikai - Seto-naikai Seto-naikai, sea: see Inland Sea, Japan.
- Kurashiki - Kurashiki Kurashiki , city (1990 pop. 414,693), Okayama prefecture, SW Honshu, Japan. A rail ...
- Aichi - Aichi Aichi , prefecture (1990 pop. 6,690,440), 1,962 sq mi (5,082 sq km), central Honshu, Japan. ...
- Encyclopedia: Japanese Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Japanese Physical Geography.