Sidra, Gulf of
Sidra, Gulf of (sĭdˈrə) [key], Arab. Khalij Surt, arm of the Mediterranean Sea, lying between Misratah and Benghazi, Libya. Tuna fishing is an important economic activity.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Gulf of Sidra from Fact Monster:
- Libya: Land and People - Land and People Libya falls into three main geographical regions—Tripolitania in the west, ...
- Libya: Economy - Economy Libya was a very poor agricultural country with bleak economic prospects until 1958, when ...
- Libya - Information on Libya — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Encyclopedia: Oceans and Continents - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Oceans and Continents.
- Libya: History - History Through the Nineteenth Century Throughout most of its history the territory that ...