Toyota (toi-ōˈtə, Jap. tōyōˈtä) [key], city (1990 pop. 332,336), Aichi prefecture, central Honshu, Japan. It is a major industrial center dominated by the Toyota Motor Company, which produces passenger vehicles and auto parts there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Toyota from Fact Monster:
- Most Stolen Cars, 2007 - Ten automobiles most stolen in 2007 by make, model, and year.
- The Top Ten: Least Polluting Cars - December 17 - 24 Least Polluting Cars, 2007 Rank Car Model MPG, City MPG, Highway Green Score 1. ...
- Top-Selling Vehicles in the U.S., 2006 - Top-Selling Vehicles in the U.S., 2006 Rank Vehicle Number 1. Ford F-Series 796,039 2. Chevrolet ...
- Top 20 Selling Passenger Cars in the U.S., 1999–2001 - Top 20 Selling Passenger Cars in the U.S., 1999–2001 Rank 1999 Number 2000 Number 2001 Number ...
- February 2010 Current Events: Business News - Current events in the business news for the month of February 2010, including recession details, unemployment, and job loss.