Trail, city (1991 pop. 7,919), SE British Columbia, Canada, on the Columbia River just N of the Wash. border. It is a metal-smelting center for a mining area that produces lead, zinc, silver, and gold. Sulfuric acid and fertilizers are manufactured there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Trail from Fact Monster:
- Appalachian Trail - Appalachian Trail Appalachian Trail, officially Appalachian National Scenic Trail,hiking path, ...
- trailing arbutus - trailing arbutus trailing arbutus, Mayflower,or ground laurel,one of the best-loved American ...
- Step-by-Step on the Campaign Trail - Step-by-Step on the Campaign Trail How the President Gets Elected —Holly Hartman Don't ...
- trailing arbutus - arbutus, trailing: arbutus, trailing: see trailing arbutus.
- Bozeman Trail - Bozeman Trail: Bozeman Trail: see under Bozeman, John M.