Trogir (trōˈgēr) [key], Ger. Trau, town (2011 pop. 13,192), S Croatia, partly on the Adriatic island of Čiovo and partly on the mainland, separated by a channel. A small port, it is also a seaside resort. It has a large shipbuilding yard. Founded by the Greeks in the 3d cent. B.C., Trogir passed to Venice in 1420 and to Austria in 1797. It was included in Yugoslavia in 1920 as part of the constituent republic of Croatia. The town is of great architectural interest, having retained a 9th-century church, a splendid 13th-century cathedral, a 15th-century town hall, and several medieval and Renaissance palaces. Nearby are the ruins of the Roman city of Salonae.