Tyrone, former county, Northern Ireland. In 1973 it was divided into the districts of Strabane, Omagh, Dungannon, and part of the Cookstown district.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Tyrone from Fact Monster:
- Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of - Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of, 1540?–1616, Irish ...
- Sir Tyrone Guthrie - Guthrie, Sir Tyrone Guthrie, Sir Tyrone, 1900–1971, English stage director, playwright, and ...
- Hugh O'Neill - O'Neill, Hugh: O'Neill, Hugh: see Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of.
- Ulster - Ulster Ulster, northernmost of the historic provinces of Ireland. Modern Ulster consists of nine ...
- Clogher - Clogher Clogher , town (1991 pop. 8,500), Co. Tyrone, central Northern Ireland, on the Blackwater ...