Vinson Massif, peak, 16,860 ft (5,139 m) high, W Antarctica, in the Ellsworth Mts.; highest peak in Antarctica.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Vinson Massif from Fact Monster:
- World Land Areas and Elevations - World Land Areas and Elevations The following table lists the approximate land area, highest ...
- ANTARCTICA - The freezing, inhospitable continent of Antarctica was the last place on Earth to be explored. It is a vast, mountainous land mass at the South Pole,
- Encyclopedia: Antarctic Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Antarctic Physical Geography.
- Polar Regions - Polar Regions Antarctica The second smallest continent, mostly south of the Antarctic Circle. Area: ...
- Antarctica: Geology and Geography - Geology and Geography Antarctica consists of two major regions: W Antarctica (c.2,500,000 sq ...