Gail DeversBorn: Nov. 19, 1966
Track & Field
won Olympic gold medal in 100 meters in 1992 and '96; world champion in 100 meters (1993) and 100-meter hurdles (1993,95,99); overcame thyroid disorder (Graves' disease) that sidelined her in 1989-90 and nearly resulted in having both feet amputated.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Gail Devers from Fact Monster:
- Memorable Olympic Moments: Wilma Rudolph, Summer 1960 - Summer Olympics memorable moments of Michael Johnson
- 1992 Olympics - 1992 Olympics Barcelona Top 10 Standings Leading Medal Winners Track & Field Boxing Gymnastics ...
- Track & Field - Track & Field Men 100 Meters Time 1 Donovan Bailey, CAN 9.84 WR 2 Frank Fredericks, NAM 9.89 3 ...
- Seattle, Wash. - Information on Seattle, Wash. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Track & Field - Track & Field Men Event Time 100m Donovan Bailey, CAN 9.84 WR Frankie Fredericks, NAM 9.89 Ato ...