Kenesaw Mountain LandisBorn: Nov. 20, 1866
U.S. District Court judge who became first baseball commissioner (1920-44)
banned eight Chicago Black Sox from baseball for life.Died: Nov. 25, 1944
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Kenesaw Mountain Landis from Fact Monster:
- Kenesaw Mountain Landis - Landis, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, Kenesaw Mountain , 1866–1944, American jurist and ...
- This Day in History: November 12 - November 12 1920 Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis was elected the first commissioner of baseball. 1927 ...
- Timeline: Women in Sports - From Mt. Olympus to Cooperstown, N.Y.
- November 20 Birthdays: Robert F. Kennedy - November 20 birthdays: Robert F. Kennedy, John Bolton, Richard Dawson, Alistair Cooke, Alexandra Danilova, Norman M. Thomas, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, Robert C Byrd, Edwin Hubble, Nadine Gordimer
- baseball: History - History Early History Baseball developed from variations of the English game of rounders, from ...