Greg LeMondBorn: June 26, 1961
3-time Tour de France winner (1986,89-90); only non-European to win the event until Lance Armstrong in 1999; retired in Dec. 1994 after being diagnosed with a rare muscular disease known as mitochondrial myopathy.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Greg LeMond from Fact Monster:
- Greg LeMond - LeMond, Greg LeMond, Greg (Gregory James LeMond), 1961–, American cyclist, b. Los Angeles. In ...
- Lance Armstrong - Lance Armstrong Born: Sept. 18, 1971 Cyclist Texan who made cycling history as the first 6-time ...
- This Day in History: July 22 - July 22 1796 Cleveland, Ohio, was founded by Gen. Moses Cleaveland. 1933 Wiley Post became the ...
- Tour de France: winners of world's top cycling event - A table of all the Tour de France winners from the race's inception in 1903 to the present, including multiple winners and records.
- Lance Armstrong - Biography of Lance Armstrong, The seven-time winner of the Tour de France