Paul RobesonBorn: Apr. 9, 1898
Black 4-sport star and 2-time football All-America (1917-18) at Rutgers
3-year NFL pro; also scholar, lawyer, singer, actor and political activist; long-tainted by Communist sympathies, he was finally inducted into College Football Hall of Fame in 1995.Died: Jan. 23, 1976
More on Paul Robeson from Fact Monster:
- Paul Robeson - Robeson, Paul Robeson, Paul , 1898–1976, American actor and bass singer, b. Princeton, N.J. ...
- April 9 Birthdays: Paul Robeson - April 9 birthdays: Paul Robeson, Eadweard Muybridge, Jean-Paul Belmondo, J. William Fulbright, Eadweard Muybridge, Charles Baudelaire
- Famous Shakespearean Actors - From John Barrymore to Emma Thompson
- José Vicente Ferrer - Ferrer, José Vicente Ferrer, José Vicente , 1912–92, American actor, director, ...
- Lena Horne - Lena Horne jazz and pop singer, dancer, and actress Born: 6/30/1917 Birthplace: Brooklyn, N.Y. She ...