Wilma RudolphBorn: June 23, 1940
Track & Field
won 3 gold medals (100m, 200m and 4x100m relay) at 1960 Olympics; also won relay silver in '56 Games at age 16; 2-time AP Athlete of Year (1960-61) and Sullivan Award winner in 1961; suffered from polio and wore leg braces until she was 9.Died: Nov. 12, 1994
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Wilma Rudolph from Fact Monster:
- Memorable Olympic Moments: Wilma Rudolph, Summer 1960 - Summer Olympics memorable moments of Michael Johnson
- Wilma Glodean Rudolph - Rudolph, Wilma Glodean Rudolph, Wilma Glodean, 1940–94, American track and field athlete, b. ...
- Wilma Rudolph - Biography of Wilma Rudolph, The first American woman to win three gold medals in one Olympics
- Leading Medal Winners - Leading Medal Winners Number of individual medals won on the left; gold, silver and bronze ...
- Track & Field - Track & Field Men Event Time 100m Armin Hary, GER 10.2 OR David Sime, USA 10.2 Peter Radford, ...