Damon RunyonBorn: Oct. 4, 1884
Kansas native who gained fame as New York journalist, sports columnist and short-story writer
best known for 1932 story collection, “Guys and Dolls.”Died: Dec. 10, 1946
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Damon Runyon from Fact Monster:
- Damon Runyon - Runyon, Damon Runyon, Damon (Alfred Damon Runyon), 1884–1946, American short story writer and ...
- Jimmy Cannon - Jimmy Cannon Born: 1910 Tough, opinionated New York sportswriter and essayist who viewed sports as ...
- Manhattan, city, United States - Manhattan Manhattan, city (1990 pop. 37,712), seat of Riley co., NE Kans., at the confluence of the ...
- Mike Royko - Mike Royko newspaper columnist Born: 9/19/1932 Birthplace: Chicago Royko worked for a number of ...
- Kansas - Information on Kansas — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.