George Abbottplaywright, actor, director
Birthplace: Forestville, New York
Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning playwright, actor, director and producer, known as “Mr. Broadway,” whose career paralleled and influenced the development of modern theater. His career began in 1912 and extended into the late 1980s. He was involved with more than 120 productions, including Three Men on a Horse (1935), Damn Yankees (1955) and Fiorello (1959).Died: 1/31/1995
More on George Abbott from Fact Monster:
- George Abbott - Abbott, George Abbott, George, 1887–1995, American theatrical producer, director, and ...
- Garson Kanin - Kanin, Garson Kanin, Garson , 1912–99, American director and writer, b. Rochester, N.Y.; ...
- June 25 Birthdays: George Orwell - June 25 birthdays: George Orwell, James Meredith, , Antonio Gaudí, Robert Henri, George Abbott
- Information Please: 1960 - 1960 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science | Deaths ...
- Selected Biographies: A - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters