Shirley Temple Blackactress
Birthplace: Santa Monica, California
Actress famous for her childhood roles. Her curly hair, dimples and charm captivated America in the films Little Miss Marker (1934), Heidi (1937) and The Little Princess (1939). Later in life, Black became active in the Republican party serving under presidents Nixon, Ford and George H. W. Bush
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Shirley Temple Black from Fact Monster:
- Shirley Temple Black - Black, Shirley Temple: Black, Shirley Temple: see Temple, Shirley.
- Shirley Temple - Temple, Shirley Temple, Shirley, 1928–, American child film star, b. Santa Monica, Calif., as ...
- California - Information on California — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Astrology - Science and religion have roundly denounced it for hundred of years, yet it finds its way into newspapers, movie studios—even the White House. What makes Astrology so compelling?
- Performers - Performers Shirley Temple was born in 1928. She began dancing as soon as she could walk. When she ...