Van Cliburn(Harvey Lavan Cliburn, Jr.)
Birthplace: Shreveport, Louisiana
Pianist known for his outstanding technique and his interpretation of works by Romantic composers. In 1958, he became the first American to win the International Tchaikovsky Prize.
More on Van Cliburn from Fact Monster:
- Van Cliburn - Cliburn, Van Cliburn, Van (Harvey Lavan Cliburn), 1934–, American pianist, b. Shreveport, La. ...
- Fort Worth - Fort Worth Fort Worth, city (1990 pop. 447,619), seat of Tarrant co., N Tex., on the Trinity River ...
- 1958 Grammy Awards - 1958 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “Nel Blu Dipinto di Blu” (Volare), Domenico ...
- Louisiana - Information on Louisiana — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- 1959 Grammy Awards - 1959 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “Mack the Knife,” Bobby Darin Album of the Year ...