Van Cliburn(Harvey Lavan Cliburn, Jr.)
Birthplace: Shreveport, Louisiana
Pianist known for his outstanding technique and his interpretation of works by Romantic composers. In 1958, he became the first American to win the International Tchaikovsky Prize.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Van Cliburn from Fact Monster:
- Van Cliburn - Cliburn, Van Cliburn, Van (Harvey Lavan Cliburn), 1934–, American pianist, b. Shreveport, La. ...
- Fort Worth - Fort Worth Fort Worth, city (1990 pop. 447,619), seat of Tarrant co., N Tex., on the Trinity River ...
- 1958 Grammy Awards - 1958 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “Nel Blu Dipinto di Blu” (Volare), Domenico ...
- Louisiana - Information on Louisiana — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- 1959 Grammy Awards - 1959 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “Mack the Knife,” Bobby Darin Album of the Year ...