Birthplace: Utica, New York
Television and film actress who gained early fame as a perky Mouseketeer on television's The Mickey Mouse Club (1955–57). Funicello went on to star with teen idol Frankie Avalon in a series of lighthearted beach movies including Beach Party (1963). She and Frankie reunited in 1987's Back to the Beach, the last film she's done to date. She was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1987.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Annette Funicello from Fact Monster:
- Frankie Avalon - Frankie Avalon (Francis Thomas Avallone) singer, actor Born: 9/18/1939 Birthplace: Philadelphia A ...
- Shaggy Dog, The (1959) - Starring Fred MacMurray, Jean Hagen, Tommy Kirk, Annette Funicello
- Mickey Mouse - Biography of Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney's famous mouse
- October 22 Birthdays: Franz Liszt - October 22 birthdays: Franz Liszt, Amanda Coetzer, Jeff Goldblum, Catherine Deneuve, Sarah Bernhardt, Christopher Lloyd, Bobby Seale, Doris Lessing, Collis Potter Huntington, Annette Funicello, John Reed
- Selected Biographies: F - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters