Buddy Holly(Charles Hardin Holley)
rock and roll singer, guitarist
Birthplace: Lubbock, Texas
Singer and guitarist who was one of the first rock and roll musicians. With his band, The Crickets, Holly recorded “That'll Be the Day” (1957) and “Peggy Sue” (1957). Holly was a major influence on The Beatles and Bob Dylan. He died in a plane crash.Died: 2/3/1959
More on Buddy Holly from Fact Monster:
- Buddy Holly - Holly, Buddy Holly, Buddy, 1936–59, American rock singer, songwriter, and guitarist, b. ...
- The Buddy Holly Story - Starring Gary Busey, Charles Martin Smith, Don Stroud, Conrad Janis, William Jordan
- Buddy Holly - Biography of Buddy Holly, The rock music pioneer who sang "Peggy Sue"
- Owen Bradley - Owen Bradley (Williams Owen Bradley) record producer Born: 10/21/1915 Birthplace: Westmoreland, ...
- Gary Busey - Biography of Gary Busey, Star of The Buddy Holly Story