Birthplace: Rochester, New York
Tony Award-winning stage, television and film actor known for his dry humor. His films include The World According to Garp (1982) and A Civil Action (1998). He returned to television in 1996, starring in the hit 3rd Rock From the Sun (1996–2001).
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on John Lithgow from Fact Monster:
- Footloose (1984) - Starring Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer, John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest, Chris Penn
- Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension - Starring Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd
- October 19 Birthdays: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar - October 19 birthdays: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Evander Holyfield, Philip Pullman, Mordecai
- Shrek - Starring Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Linda Hunt, John Lithgow, Eddie Murphy
- Confessions of a Shopaholic - Starring Isla Fisher, Hugh Dancy, Joan Cusack, John Goodman, John Lithgow