Van Morrison(George Ivan Morrison)
Birthplace: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Singer and songwriter known for his singular style that combines jazz, folk, rhythm and blues and rock. Morrison was a member of the Irish group Them (1963–66) before he became a solo star. His solo recordings include Astral Weeks (1968), Moondance (1970) and St. Dominic's Preview (1972). He continued to record in the 1980s and 1990s and his latest album is Back on Top (1999).
More on Van Morrison from Fact Monster:
- Van Morrison - Biography of Van Morrison, Singer of "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Moondance"
- Counting Crows - Counting Crows rock band Rock band whose records include August and Everything After (1993), one of ...
- August 31 Birthdays: Maria Montessori - August 31 birthdays: Maria Montessori, Richard Gere, Van Morrison, Alan Jay Lerner, Georg Jensen, Wilhelmina, Itzhak Perlman
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honors musicians and music-industry ...
- Celebrity Playlists - Celebrity Playlists Here's a sampling of songs some celebrities have loaded on their iPods. ...