The Rolling Stonesrock band
British rock band considered one of the most influential of all time. The Stones appeared on the music scene at about the same time as The Beatles and balanced the mop tops' clean-cut appeal with a reverence for black blues and an appetite for excess. The Stones continue to record and tour. The band's recordings include Let It Bleed (1969), Sticky Fingers (1971), Exile on Main Street (1972) and Steel Wheels (1989). Jagger, Richards and Watts have also had variably successful solo careers. Current band members include
Mick JaggersingerBorn: 7/26/1943Birthplace: Dartford, England
Keith RichardsguitaristBorn: 12/18/1943Birthplace: Dartford, England
Bill WymanbassistBorn: 10/24/1941Birthplace: London, England
Charlie WattsdrummerBorn: 6/2/1941Birthplace: Islington, England
Ron WoodguitaristBorn: 6/1/1947Birthplace: Hillingdon, England
Brian JonesguitaristBorn: 2/28/1942Birthplace: Cheltenham, England
drowned in a pool.Died: 7/3/1969
More on Rolling Stones from Fact Monster:
- Rolling Stones - Rolling Stones Rolling Stones, English rock music group that rose to prominence in the mid-1960s ...
- Ladies and Gentleman: The Rolling Stones - Starring Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor
- Keith Richards - Keith Richards musician, songwriter Born: 12/18/1943 Birthplace: Dartford, England As the lead ...
- Annie Leibovitz - Biography of Annie Leibovitz, Portrait photographer for Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair
- Elvis Costello - Elvis Costello Declan Patrick McManus singer Born: 8/25/1954 Birthplace: London, England ...