Tennessee Williams(Thomas Lanier Williams)
Birthplace: Columbus, Mississippi
Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning dramatist and author of film scripts, short stories, novels and poems. He is known for his emotional dialogue, tense plotting, and passionate, often shocking, themes that explore sexual tension and characters victimized by a brutal society. His plays include The Glass Menagerie (1945), A Streetcar Named Desire (1947), and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1955).
More on Tennessee Williams from Fact Monster:
- Tennessee Williams - Biography of Tennessee Williams, Pulitzer-winning author of A Streetcar Named Desire
- Tennessee Williams - Williams, Tennessee Williams, Tennessee (Thomas Lanier Williams), 1911–83, American ...
- 1970 – 1979 World History - 1970 – 1979 World History Richard Nixon (1913–1994) The Library of Congress Picture ...
- Harry Duncan - Harry Duncan printer, editor Born: 1917 Birthplace: Keokuk, Iowa A skilled hand printer of literary ...
- Kim Hunter - Kim Hunter Janet Cole actress Born: November 12, 1922 Birthplace: Detroit, Mi. Hunter was a actress ...