Dorothy Lamour (Mary Leta Dorothy Slaton)actressBorn: 12/10/1914Birthplace: New Orleans, Louisiana
Best known for her roles in the Road movies with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, Lamour, with her clingy sarongs, was a popular pin-up during World War II. In addition to her seven Road movies, which include Road to Zanzibar and Road to Morocco, Lamour's films include Typhoon and Duffy's Tavern. During World War II, she toured the country selling $300 million in United States War Bonds.
More on Dorothy Lamour from Fact Monster:
- Bob Hope - Bob Hope (Leslie Townes Hope) actor, comedian Born: 5/29/1903 Birthplace: Eltham, England American ...
- Edith Head - Head, Edith Head, Edith, 1907–81, American costume designer, b. Los Angeles, Calif. She began ...
- Bob Hope - Hope, Bob Hope, Bob, 1903–2003, American comedian, b. London as Leslie Townes Hope; he came ...
- Bing Crosby - Biography of Bing Crosby, The singer of "White Christmas"
- Louisiana - Information on Louisiana — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.