Darryl F. ZanuckproducerBorn: 9/5/1902Birthplace: Wahoo, Nebraska
Film producer who, as Jack Warner's head of production, helped guide Warner's studio into the sound era. After a rift with Warner, he co-founded Twentieth Century Pictures with Joseph Schenck in 1933. He produced such legendary films as The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956), The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952), and All About Eve (1950). A legendary producer, Zanuck ran Twentieth Century-Fox at various times over five decades. Died: 12/22/1979
More on Darryl F Zanuck from Fact Monster:
- Selected Biographies: Z - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters
- Darryl Francis Zanuck - Zanuck, Darryl Francis Zanuck, Darryl Francis, 1902–79, American movie producer, b. Wahoo, ...
- Nebraska - Information on Nebraska — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- September 5 Birthdays: Louis XIV - September 5 birthdays: Louis XIV, Mrs. H. H. A. Beach, Arthur Koestler, Darryl F. Zanuck, John Cage, Jesse James, Bob Newhart
- motion pictures: American Film - American Film The Early Years The first American studios were centered in the New York City area. ...