Bud Abbott(William Alexander Abbott)
Birthplace: Asbury Park, New Jersey
A comedian known especially for his long-running partnership with Lou Costello in such comedy films as Buck Privates (1941) and The Naughty Nineties (1945), which features their famous “Who's on First” routine. Lean and street-smart, he played the part of straight man, always getting the chubby and simple-minded Costello into trouble.Died: 4/24/1974
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Bud Abbott from Fact Monster:
- Lou Costello - Lou Costello (Louis Francis Cristillo) comedian, actor Born: 3/6/1906 Birthplace: Paterson, New ...
- Abbott and Costello - Abbott and Costello Abbott and Costello , American comedy team of William Alexander ...
- New Jersey - Information on New Jersey — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Selected Comedians - Selected biographies of well-known Comedians
- Information Please: 1974 - 1974 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science | Deaths ...