Burt Bacharachcomposer, songwriterBorn: 5/12/1929Birthplace: Kansas City, Missouri
Beginning in the late 1950s he gained acclaim for his scores and songs for films, including What's New Pussycat (1965), Alfie (1966), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), and Arthur (1981). He won an Academy Award for Best Score and Best Song for Butch Cassidy, which featured the catchy “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head”. He was married to actress Angie Dickinson (1966–80).
More on Burt Bacharach from Fact Monster:
- Burt Bacharach - Bacharach, Burt Bacharach, Burt , 1929–, American composer, arranger, and conductor, b. ...
- Angie Dickinson - Angie Dickinson (Angeline Brown) actress Born: 9/30/1931 Birthplace: Kulm, North Dakota A former ...
- Elvis Costello - Biography of Elvis Costello, The guy who did "Watching the Detectives" and "Radio, Radio"
- Peter Allen - Biography of Peter Allen, Aussie cabaret performer and subject of the musical The Boy From Oz
- Angie Dickinson - Biography of Angie Dickinson, Star of the TV show Police Woman