Stan Laurel(Arthur Stanley Jefferson)comic actorBorn: 6/16/1890Birthplace: Ulverston, England
After working in British music halls, American vaudeville, and silent film, Laurel teamed up with Oliver Hardy in 1927. As a comic duo they perfected slapstick stunts in silent shorts such as Leave 'em Laughing (1928) and From Soup to Nuts (1928). They moved into the talkies and won an Academy Award for The Music Box (1932). Successful feature-length films included Sons of the Desert (1933) and Way Out West (1937). Laurel received a Special Academy Award in 1960 for his work in cinema comedy.Died: 2/23/1965
More on Stan Laurel from Fact Monster:
- Laurel and Hardy - Laurel and Hardy Laurel and Hardy, American film comedy team. The duo consisted of Stan Laurel, ...
- Oliver Hardy - Oliver Hardy (Norvell Hardy) actor Born: 1/18/1892 Birthplace: Harlem, Georgia The portly half of ...
- Laurel and Hardy - Biography of Laurel and Hardy, Fat/skinny comedy team of the early cinema
- June 16 Birthdays: Joyce Carol Oates - June 16 birthdays: Joyce Carol Oates, Stan Laurel, Edward Davy, Barbara McClintock
- It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - Starring Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman