Carole Lombard(Jane Alice Peters)actressBorn: 10/6/1908Birthplace: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Lombard's screwball comic style radiated both intelligence and sex appeal, making her a popular favorite in films such as My Man Godfrey (1936), for which she earned an Oscar nomination, and Nothing Sacred (1937). Lombard also took on dramatic roles (They Knew What They Wanted, 1940). She appeared in the black comedy To Be or Not to Be (1942), which was released after her untimely death in a plane crash. She had been married first to movie star William Powell and later to Clark Gable.Died: 1/16/1942
More on Carole Lombard from Fact Monster:
- This Day in History: January 16 - January 16 1547 Ivan the Terrible was crowned the first czar of Russia. 1883 The U.S. Civil Service ...
- Willy Pogány - Pogány, Willy Pogány, Willy , 1882–1955, American artist, b. Hungary, studied ...
- Clark Gable - Biography of Clark Gable, Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind
- Top 50 Greatest Screen Legends - The following list includes the top 50 greatest screen legends of all time, according to the American Film Institute, including actors such as Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, and James Stewart.
- Indiana - Information on Indiana — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.